Central Heating Faults
Should you find that your central heating or boiler is not working, we would respectfully request that you go through the following trouble-shooting checklist in the first instance:
- Are the heating and hot water timers turned on?
- Is the pilot light on?
- Is the gas turned on?
- Is the pressure in my boiler just above 1 bar pressure gauge?- If not it may need topping up via the filling loop.
- Are the thermostats turned down too low?
- Have any children turned off any switches?
- Is there a reset button?
- Is the power to my boiler on?
- Do I know where the electrical isolation switch is? – has the fuse blow?
- Is there a manual override to give temporary heating/hot water?
- Do the radiators need bleeding i.e. cold at the top?
- Have I vented my upstairs radiators lately and not checked the pressure since?